March 28, 2009

Critters 4 (1991)

Critters 4 (1991)
Watched March 27, 2009


SYNOPSIS
The Critters are back... in space!

SHORT REVIEW
"Critters IV" is just so unremarkable in every way, that there's no real reason to watch it unless you really love the "Critters" series.

REVIEW
I remember watching the first "Critters" probably four years ago. I remember absolutely nothing about the film, but I do remember I watched it. And, apparently, I liked it, because I recorded "Critters 4". Yes, I've had "Critters 4" on my DVR since either 2005 or 2006, I think 2006. What's sad is that that isn't even the oldest movie I have on my DVR. I've had "The Mangler" on there since August 2005. Someday I will watch "The Mangler". But, yesterday, I made the decision to watch "Critters 4".

Overall, I've seen worse (*cough*April Fool's Day*cough*) but I bet if you ask me in six months what happened in the movie, I wouldn't remember. It's just not memorable at all. There's really just very little to say about it. It was pretty much unremarkable in every way possible.

The plot line is basically just the plot line for "Alien", replacing the aliens with Critters. A space ship goes to a deserted base, Critters get loose, and kill everybody that you'd expect to be killed. Bam. Movie over.

The humor is mostly pretty lame, with most of the jokes coming from characters being stupid or ex-wife jokes. Yep. Ex-wife jokes. I may have laughed once, but I don't remember at what.

Don't expect gore as "Critters 4" is rated PG-13. Also, don't expect scares because it's also predominantly a comedy. Hmm... maybe I would have liked this film in 2005 or 2006 or whenever I recorded it, because then I would have been closer to its intended audience. Ah well.

Well, overall, I'd just say skip this and watch the first "Critters", except I can't really vouch for that being good because I remember absolutely nothing about it. It's weird, usually I remember at least SOMETHING from a movie I watched a long while ago. The first one must be as completely unmemorable as this one. Anyways, if you want some space action, I'd just go with "Alien". I remember things from "Alien" and I haven't seen that in a while. So that must be good. I'm rambling on a little bit. I give "Critters 4" a completely unremarkable:


2 out of 5 chainsaws (PRETTY BAD, SKIP IT)

No comments: